WelcomHeritage Taragarh Palace
In 1931, the Nawab of Bahawalpur built a large European style summer residence up in the cool Himalayan jungles of the Kangra district. He laid out gardens and built a glass pavilion and a mosque. The property was taken over by Maharani Tara Devi of Kashmir in 1950, and renamed Taragarh. The palace is situated on a forested estate surrounded by tea gardens in one of the most scenic and unexplored areas of Himachal Pradesh. The hotel has 2 blocks, a heritage wing, which has more basic rooms located in the original palace and a modern wing offering comfortable accommodation.