Accommodation rating: Superior
The elegant Grand Hotel et Des Palmes, founded in 1874, has one of the most attractive foyers found in Sicily, following a number of alterations made in 1907 by one of Italy's foremost art nouveau architect, Enrico Ragusa. The hotel exudes old-world glamour and has welcomed a number of illustrious visitors. Prime Minister Francesco Crispi gave political lectures here in 1881 and Richard Wagner finished his opera, Parsifal, here. Indeed, the armchair he sat in is still there. Located within Palermo's historic city centre, the hotel is just a 5-minute walk from Massimo and Politeama theatres and a 10-minute walk from Palermo port, where ferries depart for Cagliari and Naples. Due to the age and design of the building, all rooms vary in size.
Features: 98 rooms, restaurant, bar, Wi-Fi, parking facilities (charges apply).
Room amenities: Air conditioning, satellite television, minibar, hairdryer, safe, Wi-Fi.
Please call 020 3813 2966 for more information or to make a booking.