Accommodation rating: Good Standard
The Green Island Resort is set on Green Island, a small coral cay of 15 hectares surrounded by a magnificent coral reef, located 27km east of Cairns. The resort has two styles of accommodation: Reef Suites and Island Suites. Both are elegantly appointed and feature private balconies with either rainforest or pool views.
Features: 46 suites, restaurant, bar, 2 swimming pools, spa, shop, Wi-Fi.
Room amenities: Air conditioning, ceiling fans, television, tea & coffee facilities, minibar, iron, safe, hairdryer.
Refurbishment works are expected to be completed by April 2020. Works will include:
* Replacing all promenade walkways
* Remedial works to the main kitchen
* Restaurant deck will be replaced
* Air conditioning systems will be fitted with Eco Gases
* Food waste plant will be installed
* More solar panels will be installed
* Greens buffet will be fully upgraded
* A glass crusher will be installed
* Upgrade of power plant generators
* Underwater Observatory will be removed (corals and marine life surrounding the Observatory have been located to the off island snorkelling locations)
Some noise disruption is expected, however the hotel will be working very closely on noise abatement issues prior to any one of the above projects commencing. Work will be carried out daily and hours will vary. It is anticipated that hoarding will not be required but at times there may be construction zone notifications and areas temporarily inaccessible. Rooms will be allocated away from the work areas where possible. During the restaurant deck replacement, alfresco seating will continue to be offered and also within the Emeralds Restaurant.
Please call 020 3813 2966 for more information or to make a booking.