The Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada is a collection of houses grouped around verdant, cool courtyards in the heart of San Miguel de Allende. The buildings range from old Spanish colonial mansions to a fort and former Customs House from the days when the silver trade ruled the region. The Casa Principal was originally built as the home of the town’s Archbishop in 1580 and is today an official historic landmark.
The rooms and suites are designed to follow the original architecture and no two are identical in size or decoration. Many feature terraces, balconies or courtyards with views over the city and all benefit from spacious and luxurious bathrooms. Guests may opt to dine in the privacy of their room or terrace, in the elegant Andaza restaurant, located in the Casa Principal, or in the Restaurante del Parque, which features traditional Mexican cuisine in a traditional yet relaxed alfresco setting. There is also a cookery school, Sazon, offering guests an introduction to Mexican cuisine and Laja spa, which features a rooftop relaxation area, a fitness centre and three treatment rooms.
Please call 020 7873 5000 for more information or to make a booking.